Date:      Wed, 29 Mar 2000 18:41:51 -0600
From:      "G. Adam Stanislav" <adam@whizkidtech.net>
To:        "Pedro F. Giffuni" <giffunip@tutopia.com>, freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Guns and freedom [Was: Re: On "intelligent people" and

At 18:39 29-03-2000 -0500, Pedro F. Giffuni wrote:
>Guns are more dangerous. In traditional Martial Arts there are no
>techniques against guns.

Sure there are! I once participated in a martial arts tournament which
ended with a demonstration of the proper and cool way to handle an attacker
with a gun.

The demonstration featured a 7th or 8th degree black belt in aikido, and
emulated a street situation. The aikido master was "walking on the street"
when a thug pointed a gun at him and said: "Give me your wallet right now."

The aikido master indeed remained completely cool. He reached into his
pocket, pulled out his wallet, and gave it to the thug.

End of demonstration.

Adam
"I think, therefore I am."
                    - Seventeenth Century Philosophy

"I publish what I think, therefore I have."
                    - Twenty-First Century Action

Details at http://www.OnlinePublisher.net/