Date:      Sat, 14 Jan 2012 10:06:32 +0100
From:      =?UTF-8?Q?G=C3=B3t_Andr=C3=A1s?= <andrej@antiszoc.hu>
To:        <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   PHP-gnupg in jail - apache and tty

Hello,

Currently I'm facing a wierd problem. I should have an environment in a
jail where a PHP script (with pecl-gnupg) is able to sign messages with
PGP. However it turned out, that PGP needs a tty in the jail, which is
available if I use tmux or ssh login to the jail and signing from shell
works. From the apache-php side, I got a "data signing failed" and
nothing more useful. Of course I tried ktrace, but I couldn't find
anything useful. I know that Apache should have a real login shell if
php-gnupg is used, so it has one. (Yes I know it's bad, but it's a
dedicated environment for this web application only.)

On Linux I could do a tty with mknod in a chroot and signing worked
with php-gnupg.

Anyone has any idea to start with?

Thanks,
Andras