Date:      Fri, 07 Oct 2005 10:37:19 +0200
From:      Christian Brueffer <chris@unixpages.org>
To:        Murray Stokely <murray@freebsdmall.com>
Cc:        freebsd-www@FreeBSD.org, "Simon L. Nielsen" <simon@FreeBSD.org>, Aron Stansvik <elvstone@gmail.com>
Subject:   Re: I miss my Handbook link! :)

--tjCHc7DPkfUGtrlw

On Fri, Oct 07, 2005 at 12:44:55AM -0700, Murray Stokely wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 07, 2005 at 09:38:05AM +0200, Simon L. Nielsen wrote:
> > I agree with the Handbook link, but I think it should replace the FAQ
> > link (ie. we should remove the FAQ link)... in it's current state I
> > don't think the FAQ is that useful compared to the Handbook.
> >=20
> > > Collection are two huge sells for FreeBSD and both should be added to
> > > the Shortcuts list.
> >=20
> > I'm not so sure about the ports link.  I agree that the Ports
> > Collection is very important for FreeBSD, but frankly IMO our /ports/
> > pages sucks, as has been discussed at least a few times in the past...
>=20
> Yes after reviewing the /ports pages, I agree.  For now I just added
> the Handbook, which clearly belongs, and removed the duplicate
> platforms link.
>=20

Indeed, /ports sucks.  On the other hand freshports.org is _really_ nice.
I know we mostly avoid linking to external pages, but I think it would be
worth considering it in some cases.

- Christian

--=20
Christian Brueffer	chris@unixpages.org	brueffer@FreeBSD.org
GPG Key:	 http://people.freebsd.org/~brueffer/brueffer.key.asc
GPG Fingerprint: A5C8 2099 19FF AACA F41B  B29B 6C76 178C A0ED 982D

--tjCHc7DPkfUGtrlw

--tjCHc7DPkfUGtrlw--