Date:      Thu, 26 Feb 1998 01:59:38 +0100 (MET)
From:      Stefan Bethke <stb@transit.hanse.de>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
Cc:        John Fieber <jfieber@indiana.edu>, dannyman <dannyman@sasquatch.dannyland.org>, ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: patch for netatalk on -current

On Wed, 25 Feb 1998, Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:

> > Actually, atalkd is starting first, and all other services need it.
> > Atalkd needs about 30 seconds for each configured interface to start up.
>
> Yes, it works fine now if I just give it enough time to start up.  I
> withdraw my complaint. :)
>
> > If you are sure this is working, I'll commit this right away.
>
> I just finished testing with the Macintoshes and it works great!

Again, the current port works fine for 2.2.5 and later, and I'd rather
not like to break it for 2.2.6. If you feel these changes are OK (I am),
then I go ahead and commit them. If, however, there are any doubts, I'd
rather wait for release date before changing anything without real testing.

(Given the responses to this thread, I guess there is sufficient interest
in this port to assure it is still working. I'd might be a bit paranoid
about this one, but this is one of two ports I`m maintaining, and I'd
like to do best on them.)

--
Stefan Bethke <stefan.bethke@hanse.de>
Hamburg, Germany