Date:      Wed, 7 Jun 2000 20:21:09 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Kevin Day <toasty@dragondata.com>
To:        msmith@freebsd.org (Mike Smith)
Cc:        toasty@dragondata.com (Kevin Day), freebsd-smp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Tyan Thunder 2400/i840 SMP no good

> > I'm trying to get SMP working on my Tyan Thunder 2400 motherboard. When I
> > recompile the kernel with SMP support and reboot I get as far as 'Testing
> > 8254 interrupt delivery' and it hangs. The console is still responsive,
> > though.
> >
> > Any ideas?
>
> You need -stable or -current to run on the i840.

It wasn't until after I posted that I realized that I wasn't running
-current. I am now, and I've gotten past the boot problems.

However, I'm now seeing weird data corruption in RAM, spurious SIGBUS or
SIGSEGV's, etc... I've replaced the RAM and CPUs and am still seeing it. I'm
going to try a new ram vendor, as well as swapping motherboards next.

Has anyone else experienced this on a similar system? I know the i840 is
highly picky when it comes to SDRAM....

-- Kevin