Date:      Sat, 01 Nov 1997 22:43:41 -0800 (PST)
From:      Simon Shapiro <Shimon@i-Connect.Net>
To:        Glenn Johnson <gljohns@bellsouth.net>
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: CDROM no longer working after 'make world'

Hi Glenn Johnson;  On 02-Nov-97 you wrote:
>  Greetings,
>
>  I just did a cvsup followed by a 'make world' today for -current. After
>  doing
>  this, I can no longer access my CD-ROM drive. I get a 'device not
>  configured'
>  message when I try to mount a CD. It is a Mitsumi FX001DE ATAPI drive
>  that was
>  working fine before the 'make world'. I rebuilt the device using MAKEDEV
>  but
>  this did not help.

Yup.  Same kernel configuration, same machine, same problem.  You will
notice that dd from the device does work.  Looks like the cd9660 filesystem
is not well today.

---
If Microsoft Built Cars:

Every time they repainted the lines on the road, you'd have to buy a new
car.

Sincerely Yours,

Simon Shapiro                                                 Atlas Telecom
Senior Architect         14355 SW Allen Blvd., Suite 130 Beaverton OR 97005
Shimon@i-Connect.Net                                  Voice:   503.799.2313