Date:      Tue, 29 Jul 1997 15:02:39 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Vincent Poy <vince@mail.MCESTATE.COM>
To:        John Dowdal <jdowdal@destiny.erols.com>
Cc:        Gary Palmer <gpalmer@FreeBSD.ORG>, security@FreeBSD.ORG, JbHunt <johnnyu@accessus.net>, "[Mario1-]" <mario1@PrimeNet.Com>
Subject:   Re: security hole in FreeBSD

On Tue, 29 Jul 1997, John Dowdal wrote:

=)On Tue, 29 Jul 1997, Gary Palmer wrote:
=)
=)> Don't think that about Erols until you try ... I know the person who
=)> answers the abuse mail. I think he'd be offended by that statement.
=)>
=)
=)I have had very good response from erols a couple weeks ago when reporting
=)a hacked account which was used to harrass people on IRC (he de-activated
=)three accounts).  I simply sent accurate /whois and date/time info to
=)abuse@erols.com and got a response within minutes.  Cool guy :)

	I have mailed abuse@erols.com last night and again this morning
and still haven't heard back from them yet.

Cheers,
Vince - vince@MCESTATE.COM - vince@GAIANET.NET           ________   __ ____
Unix Networking Operations - FreeBSD-Real Unix for Free / / / / |  / |[__  ]
GaiaNet Corporation - M & C Estate                     / / / /  | /  | __] ]
Beverly Hills, California USA 90210                   / / / / / |/ / | __] ]
HongKong Stars/Gravis UltraSound Mailing Lists Admin /_/_/_/_/|___/|_|[____]