Date:      Tue, 21 Aug 2012 18:47:25 +0300
From:      Ross <basarevych@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   ruby: Cannot create main thread

Hi

I have an old machine running 7.3-STABLE. I tried to install
portupgrade from ports, but installation failed on ruby dependency
with message "Cannot create main thread". I then just pkg_add'ed ruby.
Now when I simply run "ruby" in the console it dies with the same
message. What could be the reason? How do I make it work?

KERNCONF file:

include GENERIC

ident           MASCOT

# To make an SMP kernel, the next line is needed
options         SMP                     # Symmetric MultiProcessor Kernel

device      intpm
device      smbus
device      smb
options         IPFIREWALL              # Firewall
options         IPFIREWALL_VERBOSE      # Print information about
options         IPFIREWALL_FORWARD
options         IPSTEALTH               # Support stealth forwarding
options         IPDIVERT                # Divert IP sockets
options         DUMMYNET                # Bandwidth limiter

# netgraph options
options HZ=1000
options NETGRAPH
options NETGRAPH_PPPOE