Date:      Fri, 16 Feb 2001 12:22:59 -0800
From:      Cy Schubert - ITSD Open Systems Group <Cy.Schubert@uumail.gov.bc.ca>
To:        Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>
Cc:        Cy.Schubert@uumail.gov.bc.ca, will@physics.purdue.edu (Will Andrews), arch@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Wish List (was: Re: The /usr/bin/games bikeshed again)

In message <200102162007.NAA07191@usr05.primenet.com>, Terry Lambert
writes:
> > The downside to Kerberos V is, I've yet to find a good Kerberos V
> > client for Windows.
>
> The Cyrus project has a Kerberos V DLL that it uses for IMAP4
> client code.  I think there are references to it on the Cyrus
> project page, as well as the University of Washington C-client
> page.

Thanks.  I'll take a look.

> I've always had too many people insisting that the realm not
> equal the delegated subdomain to be willing to deploy it on
> any network where I had a say, or was expected to provide
> authentication base synchronization code between one system
> and another (if delegation != realm, the problems in doing
> this become both obvious and 12 headed monsters).

I don't have experience with delegation != realm yet, though I will be
embarking on this course shortly, not by my own doing.  I'm not looking
forward to this project.  So far I think the only gotcha is that
krb5.conf on every host will have to explicitly identify which hosts
are in which realm.

Regards,                         Phone:  (250)387-8437
Cy Schubert                        Fax:  (250)387-5766
Team Leader, Sun/Alpha Team   Internet:  Cy.Schubert@osg.gov.bc.ca
Open Systems Group, ITSD, ISTA
Province of BC