Date:      Sun, 4 Jun 2006 08:20:59 +0200
From:      "Atanas Atanasov" <thenasko@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: mount windows xp

If you are using a GENERIC kernel, then ntfs is built in the kernel.
Otherwise you may try kldload ntfs before compiling the kernel afresh.
I have used mount_ntfs and it works perfectly. If I am not mistaken
mount_ntfs is even more intelligent - if ntfs is not loaded it
dynamically loads it with kldload and mounts the partition.

Anyway what is the file system on your Windows XP partition?

Atanas