Date:      Fri, 17 Mar 1995 16:38:46 -0700 (MST)
From:      MROSENST@DELPHI.DASD.HONEYWELL.COM
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Installation problems

I have been trying to install FBSD 2.0 without success.  After I partition the
disk and write the records I 'proceed' and get the confirmation dialog box.
I continue with the installation and the process start reading the floppy and
gets a read error at track 53 (AM error) but continues.  I tried several new
disks, created both with the copy program and rawrite.

Installation then tells me to remove the floppy and it reboots from the hard
drive.  It then get an error (PANIC) looking for INIT and reboots again.
It then continues in this reboot cycle.

My configuration:

486DX/2D66, 16 MEG, 1GIG SCSI, SCSI CD, 340 IDE, 3C509 Ethernet, Diamond S32
video, Promise SCSI and IDE VLB controllers, 14.4 internal modem, 28.8 external
modem, Sound Blaster compatible, LK250 keyboard.

Email address  mrosenst@rt66.com
               mrosenst@delphi.dasd.honeywell.com

Help, please, someone.