Date:      Wed, 02 Apr 2008 17:00:28 +0200
From:      Harald Schmalzbauer <h.schmalzbauer@omnisec.de>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   ataraid and glable interference

--------------enigEB93C56308529EF0DD87DEA4

Hello,

usually I use gmirror but today I wanted to use ataraid (Intel Matrix)=20
for a new system.
My filesystems are always mounted by label reference,=20
"/dev/ufs/testbox1ROOT /" for example.

The problem is that the system also sees the disks themself which are=20
components of the ataraid (ar0 =3D ad4+a6 and all 3 devices are present).=

If I 'tunefs -L testbox1ROOT /dev/mirror/t1ROOT' then at startup geom=20
sees the "testbox1ROOT" label on ad4p2 and not on mirror/t1ROOT.

Is there a way to hide the real disks if they are members of an ataraid?

Thanks,

-Harry