Date:      Mon, 07 Aug 2000 13:44:55 -0500
From:      "Daniel D. Beatty" <danbgood@swbell.net>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Configuring CD Drives, Sound Blaster Cards, and NDC Nic Cards

Greetings,
In chapter 7, section 4 of your on-line handbook you tell of various
hardware setups.  Three specific pieces of hardware I am having to contend
with are the following:
Creative Labs DVD Drives & CD-RW drives
Creative Labs Soundblaster Models: Live and 64AWE.
Sohoware Fast Ethernet Card based on NDC
SMC EZNET ethernet card
LinkSys LNE100TX ethernet card.

Obviously, these cards are not all on the same machine.  However, it is my
desire to make as many of the computers within the lab I am working with.
Could you provide some insight?

Lastly, I am having an interesting time configuring FreeBSD 4 or 5 on an AMD
Athon system.  Unlike my installs of 4 on Pentium I and II systems, this one
seems to have a few configuration glitches.  Can we keep an open dialog on
how to work with this system?

Eventually, I wish the lab to use BSD in two ways.  One as the Network OS,
and the other as a "choice" OS on the terminals.

Thank you,
Dan Beatty
mailto:dabeatty@ttacs.ttu.edu