Date:      Sun, 18 May 1997 15:51:37 -0400 (EDT)
From:      ejc@bazzle.com
To:        FreeBSD-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   ports/3620: New CORBA port OmniBroker from OOC, Inc.

>Number:         3620
>Category:       ports
>Synopsis:       new port
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
>Release:        FreeBSD 3.0-CURRENT i386
>Environment:

-current

Hello
	Please review and commit this new port.

I uploaded it to ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/incoming/omniBroker.tgz

Thanks,

Eric J. Chet -- ejc@bazzle.com

-----
http://www.ooc.com/

OmniBroker is an Object Request Broker (ORB) that is compliant to the
Common Object Request Broker Architecture (CORBA) specification as
defined in:

  The Common Object Request Broker: Architecture and Specification
  Revision 2.0, OMG Document 96-03-04

OmniBroker is free for non-commercial use. See the file LICENSE for
details.

Some highlights of the OmniBroker Preview Release are:

- Full CORBA IDL support

- Complete CORBA IDL-to-C++ mapping

- Uses IIOP as native protocol

- Dynamic Invocation Interface

- Dynamic Skeleton Interface

- Interface Repository

- Peer-to-Peer communication with nested method invocations

- Support for non-blocking method invocations

- Support for timeouts

- Seamless integration with X11 and Windows

- A COS compliant Naming Service

The current beta version has the following limitations:

- Only persistent servers are currently supported

- No multi-threaded applications

Support for the GNU C++ compiler (version 2.7.2) is currently only
experimental. The GNU C++ isn't fully supported yet due to the lack of
a stable exception handling mechanism. On some platforms GNU C++
doesn't support exception handling at all (e.g. MIPS), while on other
platforms the exception handling is still very buggy (SPARC, Intel).