Date:      Fri, 17 Dec 1999 14:25:19 -0500
From:      "Frank J. Zidar" <zidarf@zidar.com>
To:        <Questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   dial-in connections

Hello,

Please forgive me if this newbie question has been posted on this list
numerous times in the past, but I have searched through the archives and
cannot come up with a solution.

I have been attempting to get dial-in ppp to work and have yet to have any
success.  The problem is that the modem never answers the phone call.  I
have gone through the handbook and believe that I have setup everything OK
(DTR light is on, etc.).  I have a feeling that I am missing something in
the rc.serial file to set the modem for auto-answer, but I am just learning
Unix and do not understand the commands in this configuration file very
well.

Thanks much,
Frank