Date:      Tue, 16 Feb 1999 20:34:41 -0500
From:      tcobb@staff.circle.net
To:        green@unixhelp.org, dillon@apollo.backplane.com
Cc:        khetan@chain.freebsd.os.org.za, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: Problems in VM structure ?

I'm seeing different responses depending on hardware.

On regular Pentium 166 machines, I almost NEVER get
a panic.  On brand-new Pentium II 350s, I get a panic
every 6-9 hours.  This happens when both kernels are
configured the same for maxusers.  It happens when
both machines are under the same load level -- the
P5 stays rock solid, the P6 flakes out.

What's the chance that our kernel adaptations for PIIs
is partly at fault?

-Troy Cobb
 Circle Net, Inc.
 http://www.circle.net