Date:      Thu, 7 Sep 2000 13:41:26 +1000 (EST)
From:      =?iso-8859-1?q?Paul=20Jansen?= <vlaero@yahoo.com.au>
To:        smp@freebsd.org
Subject:   New AMD processor SMP mainboards

I'm quite interested in these new SMP boards coming
out for the Duron/Thunderbird (Athlon).  I just
recompiled my Kernel last night to enable SMP on my
Dual Celeron system. I notice that SMP support in 4.1
is only for Intel APIC systems.
What's the status of Multiprocessing in Alpha systems?
Since the new AMD SMP boards will be using the alpha
EV6 bus is it possible to backport some of the Alpha
versions code to allow AMD SMP?
Does anyone know about this?
Is there any work going on for AMD SMP support
currently?

Thanks.