Date:      Sun, 3 Oct 2004 15:20:26 +0100
From:      "Markie" <mark.cullen@dsl.pipex.com>
To:        <freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org>, "FreeBSD Current" <freebsd-current@freebsd.org>
Subject:   switching cardbus card hangs in 6-CURRENT?

I installed via a 5.3-BETA5 CD and I was able to switch network cards, a
D-Link  DWL-G650 and an Intel... can't remember, fxp0 driver; both are
cardbus cards anyway. Now I have updated to 6.0-CURRENT (a few days ago) I
have noticed I can no longer take the card out. If I do, the system appears
appears to hang while running X.

I just now tried from the console and it's actually a panic.

cpuid = 0; apic id =00
fault virtual address 0x3c
fault code = supervisor read, page not present
instruction pointer = 0x8:0xc056a2ce
stack pointer = 0x10:0xc7c86b90
frame pointer = 0x10:0xc7c86bac
code segment = base 0x0, limit 0xfffff, type 0x1b
 = DPL 0, pres 1, def32 1, gran 1
processor eflags = interrupt enabled, resume, IOPL = 0
current process = 40 (cbb0)
trap number = 12
panic: page fault
cpuid = 0
Uptime: 3m53s

You'll probably have to excuse the formatting as that was hand typed.
Curiously, it doesn't come up with the press any key to reboot or anything
and just seems to be stuck there. I don't think that's normal? Perhaps I
should send this to the current list too...

Any advice?