Date:      Wed, 8 Mar 1995 22:42:03 -0700
From:      Nate Williams <nate@trout.sri.MT.net>
To:        John Hay <jhay@mikom.csir.co.za>, current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: gdb linker failure

> After the ld changes gdb won't link anymore. It uses libgnuregex and libcompat
> and then the linker finds two regex's. I have tried to link it without
> libcompat and it only needs insque and remque from it. What is the best way
> to fix this?

I'm looking into the best way to solve this.  There isn't an easy way I'm aware
of, so if someone knows a way which doesn't mean hacking up the src tree I'm
all ears.

On that note, I don't think it *should* be a problem, so I'm talking to the
ld author about it.

> Another thing that bit me was that I thought I would start with a fresh
> /usr/include directory so I did a "make includes -DCLOBBER" in /usr/src. It

Not all of the include files are installed from /usr/src/include.  If
you want a complete set of include files a 'make includes' in /usr/src
should do the trick.  If it doesn't, then the includes target needs some
work.

Nate