Date:      Thu, 30 Dec 2004 14:09:42 +0900 (JST)
From:      NAKATA Maho <chat95@mac.com>
To:        mi+mx@aldan.algebra.com
Cc:        openoffice@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: OOo-1.1.4 and gcc-3.4

In Message-ID: <200412291902.31047.mi+mx@aldan.algebra.com>
Mikhail Teterin <mi+mx@aldan.algebra.com> wrote:

Hello Mikhail

First of all thank you very much for your effort! It was largest
I ever see!

However, I'm on a vacation until 2005/Jan/20 please wait for while
I also have a ready port for 1.1.4 :)

> building OOo with gcc-3.4.x.
Okay, this is one of the major part of your upgrade.
Can we sure this version of gcc works? (please see
the commit log of lang/gcc-ooo, and once 3.3.1 has a
bug which prohibit to run OOo 1.1.1a...it was due to gcc's bug)

> 	1. make use of their work;
Okay, are they JCA signed person and patches have #iZ?
I glanced your patch OOo-GCC-3.4.patch.bz2, but
I don't see #iZ any part of it.

> 	2. use system's nas, curl, zlib, freetype, mspack, and -- most importantly --
> 	   stlport;

I think these should be activated via special
build flags. My concern is, how do we take care of them?
Building OOo is always fragile. Please imagine if STLport is upgraded and
break OOo build. Or a situation STLport cannot be upgraded since
it can broke OOo build. Well, it can be done by setting  MAINTAINER
as openoffice@freebsd.org so that we can control everything :) however
this costs too much for me.

> 	3. build OOo-1.1.4.
Wonderful!

Anyway, thank you very much for your contribution!
-- NAKATA, Maho