Date:      Thu, 12 Jan 2006 06:01:20 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Brian Szymanski" <ski@mediamatters.org>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: gvinum/vinum on 6.0

>> Hmm, I upgraded to 6-STABLE and I'm still having the problem.
>
> Are you really using the very latest 6-STABLE?

Oops - serious egg on my face - my build must have failed and I rebooted
without checking the return value (sheepish grin)... I rebuilt and things
seem to work now - thanks & sorry for the false alarm!

I cannot tell you how happy I am to have (g?)vinum working in FreeBSD
again - I can finally upgrade my file servers!

One more question: Is gvinum on 6-STABLE's RAID-5 implementation
bit-compatible with R5 on vinum from 4.x/5.x? Would it be possible to
upgrade from vinum on 5.3 to gvinum on 6-STABLE without a dump/restore?

I probably won't do this out of paranoia, but am curious if it's possible.

Thanks again and cheers,
Brian

Brian Szymanski
Software and Systems Developer