Date:      Fri, 06 Feb 2004 09:29:14 +0000
From:      Jev <jev@ecad.org>
To:        akruijff@dds.nl
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: fresh install of 5.2-r doesn't book on 80gig disk

akruijff@dds.nl wrote:
> Citeren ian j hart <ianjhart@ntlworld.com>:

[snip]

> I have had the same with my 250 GB WD. What happens is that
> sysinstall thinks the value it gets for the boot process is wrong. This
> isn't true! You need to change it back to its orginal function. You can
> use the scoll-lock key to get the value from the screen if you need.

Do you mean by pressing the 'G' key and specifying my own value? When I
do this I get the "Message"

WARNING:  A geometry of 155061/16/63 for ad0 is incorrect. Using a more
likely geometry. .....etc.....

So it dosn't allow me to set my own Geometry. I also tried setting the
disk to LBA mode in bios as Ian suggested, but I had no success.

Thanks for your help
-Jev