Date:      Sun, 26 Sep 2004 04:33:02 -0400
From:      "David D.W. Downey" <david.downey@gmail.com>
To:        Alex de Kruijff <freebsd@akruijff.dds.nl>
Cc:        "freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-security@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Attacks on ssh port

On Fri, 24 Sep 2004 23:49:09 +0200, Alex de Kruijff
<freebsd@akruijff.dds.nl> wrote:

> > Then you can still see the attempts (and thus log the IP information
> > for contacting the abuse@ for the responsible IP controller) while
> > limiting your log sizes.
>
> This only logs the first tree catches (when the log attribuut is set)
> per rule. You may want to set this a little higher like 100.

while I agree my example of 3 was low (meant only to instruct) I would
say more along the lines of 25. if someone is hitting you 25 times in
a row and getting tagged by that rule, you can bet your butt it's not
a client of your's.

--
David D.W. Downey