Date:      Tue, 4 Sep 2001 10:26:43 -0400
From:      Randy Pratt <rpratt@ezwv.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   4.4-RC3 Binary upgrade quirks

I did a successful binary upgrade on my test system of 4.4-RC2 to 4.4-RC3 but
there are a couple of items that may need to be reviewed:

Starting the Upgrade option from sysinstall resulted in the following message:

				Sorry
	The UPGRADE file is not provided on this particular floppy image.

I've not tested a binary upgrade in quite some time (2.2.x) so I'm not sure
if this is normal.  I'd think the document should be there if sysinstall is
looking for it.

The second item was a default value during the configuration of PPP:

	Enter the IP address of your service provider or 0 if you don't
	know it and would prefer to negotiate it dynamically
	NO

I would have thought the default value should have been "0" as it is during a
fresh FTP install.  I left it at the "NO" value and proceeded to see what
would happen.  After switching with Alt-F3 to connect to my ISP, there were
two ppp warnings:

	Warning: ParseAddr: NO: Bad Address
	Warning: set ifaddr: Failed 4

However, ppp successfully negotiated a connection and the upgrade finished
without any problems.

Hope this helps in the last minute cleanups!

Randy