Date:      Tue, 12 Aug 2003 10:49:09 +0200
From:      Emre Bastuz <info@emre.de>
To:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Syskonnect 9843 Revision 2 not working on 4.8-STABLE

Hi,

I just plugged a Syskonnect Fiber GigE Adapter (64 Bit PCI)
into one of my servers running 4.8-STABLE.

During boot up the PCI vendor ID and the card type are
detected correctly but I can not configure any network
adapter sk0 (though itīs included in the kernel with
'device sk').

Any idea why?

Syskonnect support told me that there are known problems
with the revision 2 of the NIC so Iīm just wanted to ask
if anyone knows any workaround or something.

I choose this NIC cause I thought that it was greatly supported
by all BSD flavours. Seems itīs just another one of my lucky choices :)

Thanks for all suggestions.

Regards,

Emre

--
info@emre.de              http://www.emre.de
UIN: 561260           PGP Key ID: 0xAFAC77FD