dropping packets makes routing, > and discovery exceedingly difficult. Which is NOT what the average user > wants, > or expects. I use "set block-policy drop" in pf(4). But as already noted, > this is for "filtering" purposes. Your suggestion also has the negative > affect > of hanging remote ports. Which can result in other negative results by > peers. > > Please don't. :) >>> >>> > --Chris OK, now having actually read the (phab) review. I'm of the opposite opinion. Your review seems to make the right decision. :) --Chris