Date:      Fri, 17 Feb 1995 16:42:14 -0800
From:      hasty@netcom.com (Amancio Hasty Jr)
To:        freebsd-hackers@freefall.cdrom.com
Subject:    GUS and NAS ...

Well, I got nas going again with my gus by just using 8 bit sampling.

To enable this feature in the server:
/bg/local/src/nas-1.2p1/server/dda/voxware > gcc -DNO_16_BIT_SAMPLING ...

Just the server needs to know about this define

There is still a quirk that at the of a sound sample some stuff
gets repeated not sure if this is the sound driver or NAS.
My suspicion is NAS and will be able to find out more about it
over the next couple of days...

Also, I am not sure about the 16 bit sampling playback not
working with my GUS and NAS .

At any rate, since I now know where the problems are I should be
able to proceed to flush the problems out. In the mean time,
the simple hack mentioned earlier is good enough to at least
be able to use NAS with your GUS.

	Enjoy,
	Amancio