Date:      Thu, 14 Sep 1995 16:01:46 +0100 (BST)
From:      Paul Richards <paul@netcraft.co.uk>
To:        asami@cs.berkeley.edu (Satoshi Asami)
Cc:        faulkner@mpd.tandem.com, paul@FreeBSD.org, jkh@time.cdrom.com, current@freefall.freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: libforms - thumbs up or down?

>  * From: faulkner@mpd.tandem.com (Boyd Faulkner)
>
>  * Would it be retired to the ports?  Then it would be available if
>  * anyone wanted it.
>
> Don't mean to nit-pick, but if it's broken or not used at all, it's
> not welcome in ports either.  The ports tree is not a retirement
> home for old source. :)
>
> If someone really wants it, and someone (doesn't have to be the same
> "someone") is committed to make sure it is going to work now and in
> the future, that's fine, of course.

Well, someone's contacted me about using it so I'll let them decide where
they think it should go and what to do with it. As far as I'm concerned,
you can do what you want with it. It's not going to be a mainstream part
of FreeBSD so if I or someone else continue to work on it then  it will be
as an independant project, much like any other add-in functionality and
can probably be "ported" when it's ready for use.

It's not actually going anywhere anyway, since it'll always be available
in the Attic should someone feel a burning desire to look at the code.

--
  Paul Richards, Netcraft Ltd.
  Phone: 0370 462071 (Mobile), +44 1225 447500 (work)