Date:      Wed, 17 Mar 2004 14:15:29 +0200
From:      Evren Yurtesen <yurtesen@ispro.net.tr>
To:        Oliver Eikemeier <eikemeier@fillmore-labs.com>
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: clamav port...

Oliver Eikemeier wrote:

> Evren Yurtesen wrote:
>
>> Can you make it so that the installer can choose under which
>> username/group the clamav port will operate instead of using the
>> default clamav?
>

> clamav-devel does this. Is this a useful feature?

Well, quite, I use qscand (qmail scanner) with clamav, now the problem
is that clamd is not able to scan the files qscand created. It says cant
read file...
I solved the problem simply by setting clamd to run as qscand.

If now I use portupgrade to upgrade clamav to new version, portupgrade
will add this clamav user again and chown the log directories, which
makes clamd not able to write there as qscand. :)

If I could define clamav to use qscand user even after portupgrade,
things would get a lot easier for me. I dont have to set the directories
after each upgrade of clamav.

After all, this is an option for a user, the default install can use the
clamav user. I dont mind. But when I supply some argument to use
username qscand, it should comply. At least shouldnt chown the
directories already existing to clamav in upgrade process

Evren