Date:      Mon, 30 Jul 2001 16:15:06 +0200
From:      Len Conrad <LConrad@Go2France.com>
To:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Mail Toaster CLUSTER

>So I understood that's better Two MX with

... with same preference value gives you MX load distribution, not balancing.

>balance.sourceforge.net wich shares the same Raid Disk
>Array for the Maildirs?

balance.sourceforge.net, at which point, is redundant.

but thatīs only incoming SMTP load distribution.

What about POP and HTTP mail access to you mailbox servers? Thatīs where
balance.sourceforge.net comes back into the picture.

Len

http://MenAndMice.com/DNS-training
http://BIND8NT.MEIway.com : ISC BIND 8.2.4 for NT4 & W2K
http://IMGate.MEIway.com  : Build free, hi-perf, anti-abuse mail gateways