Date:      Tue, 15 Sep 1998 16:44:54 -0400 (EDT)
From:      William Bulley <web@merit.edu>
To:        andreas@klemm.gtn.com (Andreas Klemm)
Cc:        mwlucas@exceptionet.com, freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG, torstenb@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: merit radius detail files?

According to Andreas Klemm:

> According to William Bulley:
> > The ports collection is old and out of date.  Upgrade to our 3.6B (latest)
> > basic Merit AAA Server version by browsing at:
> >
> >    http://www.merit.edu/aaa/
>
> What about asking the port maintainer to update the port or even
> better to send diffs after doing the update yourself ?

I believe our new basic copyright wording may be prohibiting the
FreeBSD "port god" from updating the port.  I could be wrong (I'm
not a lawyer, thank God!) and interested parties may view the basic
copyright at:

   http://www.merit.edu/aaa/basic.copyright (which is a text file)

Regards,

web...

--
William Bulley                     Senior Systems Research Programmer
Merit Network, Inc.                Email: web@merit.edu

[ Reuters, London, February 29, 1998: Scientists have announced discovering ]
[ a meteorite which will strike the earth in March, 2028.  Millions of UNIX ]
[ coders expressed relief for being spared the UNIX epoch "crisis" of 2038. ]