Date:      Sun, 12 Aug 2001 12:16:03 -0400
From:      Chris Ruffin <c.ruffin@ieee.org>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   serial port programming problems

--UoPmpPX/dBe4BELn

I'm having serious frustrating problems when programming the serial
ports under FreeBSD.  Here's what I do:

- open the port
- stty -f /dev/cuaa2 -echo -echoe raw
- write "ATZ"
- wait
- read

This gives me back "ATZ\r\nOK\r\n", which is completely
counter-intuitive to me.  I have downloaded other code and tested them
with the same results, where it is clear in the code that the port is
not expecting to see the data that we wrote to it, only the response.
This code, however, did not mention being tested under FreeBSD.

Any ideas on what could be happening here?  Is this the way it is
supposed to work?!?
--
Chris Ruffin <c.ruffin@ieee.org>

--UoPmpPX/dBe4BELn