Date:      Fri, 9 Mar 2012 09:34:34 -0500
From:      Ed Maste <emaste@freebsd.org>
To:        Jason Leschnik <leschnik@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Lagg failover does not announce the failover to switch

On Wed, Mar 07, 2012 at 02:28:32PM +1100, Jason Leschnik wrote:

> Lagg failover does not gratuitous ARP on the new interface to announce
> the link failover - This leaves clients trying to access the failed
> link and never making it to the up'd link.
>
> Bug ID: 156226
> Found on this todo list: http://wiki.freebsd.org/EdMaste/ToDo
>
> I was wondering if i could offer a donation Hardware/Money to get this
> fixed, in my opinion this is a very important feature for the
> platform. I understand there are other ways to correct the behavior
> but one would expect this to be solved in the driver.

We've posted a prototype patch for comments:
http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-net/2012-February/031328.html

Gleb raised some concerns that we'll look to address before this is
ready to be committed to the tree, but any testing you can provide on
the patch in its current state would be appreciated.  The (externally
visible) functionality should remain unchanged.

I appreciate your offer of a hardware or monetary donation, although at
this point we're not being held up by either.  You can send your
donation to the FreeBSD Foundation instead to help support the FreeBSD
project in general.

Regards,
Ed Maste