Date:      Tue, 23 Jan 2001 09:22:37 -0800
From:      Greg Rumple <grumple@zaphon.llamas.net>
To:        Mike Smith <msmith@freebsd.org>
Cc:        Alfred Perlstein <bright@wintelcom.net>, stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Dell PERC 3 support?

So if I was buying a Dell 2450, I can get the Perc 3/Si upgrade for it
and use 4.2-STABLE?  Or would I have to goto current?  I had steared
away from this due to messages I had seen in December regarding these
controllers.  And was instead looking at just getting an Adaptec 3200S
instead.  But if I can buy it all from Dell, life would be a lot easier.

Thanks,

Greg

* Mike Smith (msmith@freebsd.org) [010123 17:00]:
> > A friend just asked me if we support the PERC 3 cards shipped in
> > Dell servers.  If not, anyone have a recommendation for a controller
> > in the same price performance category that is supported?
>
> Yes; these are either AMI (3DC) or Adaptec (3Si/Di) controllers,
> supported by the amr and aac drivers respectively.
>
> --
> ... every activity meets with opposition, everyone who acts has his
> rivals and unfortunately opponents also.  But not because people want
> to be opponents, rather because the tasks and relationships force
> people to take different points of view.  [Dr. Fritz Todt]
>            V I C T O R Y   N O T   V E N G E A N C E

Greg Rumple
grumple@zaphon.llamas.net