Date:      Sat, 03 Mar 2007 23:12:31 +0200
From:      Alexander Motin <mav@alkar.net>
To:        Ian Smith <smithi@nimnet.asn.au>
Cc:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: mpd 4.1 on 5.5-STABLE

Hi.

Ian Smith wrote:
> When started the first time, before there's any ng0 interface, mpd logs
> the following two lines then immediately exits without further ado:
>
> paqi# /usr/local/etc/rc.d/mpd4.sh start

Try to run mpd from console just by typing "mpd4" to get all logs to
console. To get more logs you can add to the begining of mpd.conf
command "log +all".

> 'ifconfig ng0 destroy' won't.  So then, now mpd will start, uselessly:

ngX interfaces can be shutted down only from inside of netgraph by
"ngctl shutdown ngX:" command.

>         new -i ng0 PPPoE PPPoE

-i parameter is not recommended for use. If you remove it, mpd will just
use first free ngX interface.

> One thing makes me a bit nervous: those ipv6 and inet6 hooks.  kernel is
> compiled without INET6, new kernel/world built with make.conf having:
> NOINET6=true	# do not build IPv6 related programs and libraries
> WITHOUT_IPV6=true

I don't think that this should be a problem.

--
Alexander Motin mav@alkar.net
Optima Telecom