Date:      Fri, 17 Aug 2001 14:22:49 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Martin Dieringer <dieringe@zedat.fu-berlin.de>
To:        <mobile@freebsd.org>
Subject:   re-insertion panic

hi.
after I finally switched on PCIIRQ on my Thinkpad (600x) and thus
made my 3com 575bt card work with a -current
NEWCARD kernel, there is the following problem:
To suspend the laptop I have to take the card out,
on reinsertion following two messages keep on running through the
screen:

/usr/src/sys/kern/kern_synch.c:377
sleeping with "xl0" locked from /usr/src/sys/pci/if_xl.c:1246
/usr/src/sys/kern/kern_synch.c:377
sleeping with "pccbb1" locked from /usr/src/sys/dev/pccbb/pccbb.c:643

taking out the card again results in:

panic: sleeping process owns a mutex
Debugger ("panic")
db> c

... press key to reboot ...
syncing disks...bremfree: bp 0xc68a87cc not locked

hope this is enough to make assumptions about the possible causes
I use a slightly modified NEWCARD kernel (cvsupped yesterday)

martin