Date:      Sun, 2 Apr 2017 19:00:14 +0200
From:      Polytropon <freebsd@edvax.de>
To:        mexas@bris.ac.uk
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: bluetooth help

On Sun, 2 Apr 2017 17:54:41 +0100 (BST), Anton Shterenlikht wrote:
> The handbook talks about "bluetooth usb dongles".
> So do I need some other hardware to get my bluetooth to work?
> Or am I missing the point?

The term "USB dongle" refers to Bluetooth devices connected
per USB, like "Bluetooth sticks for USB". In case your laptop
has builtin Bluetooth, it's usually represented to the system
as an "internal USB component", comparable to SD card readers
or touchpads / trackpoints which identify themselves as USB
components even though they are connected internally. So from
the technical side, it doesn't matter if the BT device is
internal or external, as it is clearly identified as a USB
component.

Read: All the same. ;-)

--
Polytropon