Date:      Wed, 13 May 2020 23:57:19 +0200
From:      Leander Schaefer <info@NetOcean.de>
To:        freebsd-ipfw@freebsd.org
Subject:   HAProxy - Transparent Binding

Hello,

I need to have transparent binding for my haproxy. Therefore I found a
tutorial for Linux:

https://www.haproxy.com/de/blog/howto-transparent-proxying-and-binding-with-haproxy-and-aloha-load-balancer/

Do you perhaps know the equivilant kernel options for FreeBSD:

- CONFIG_NETFILTER_TPROXY
- CONFIG_NETFILTER_XT_TARGET_TPROXY

or if there is even any change required in the kernel of the latest
FreeBSD 12.1-RELEASE to achieve the same goal?

# iptables rules:
iptables -t mangle -N DIVERT
iptables -t mangle -A PREROUTING -p tcp -m socket -j DIVERT
iptables -t mangle -A DIVERT -j MARK --set-mark 1
iptables -t mangle -A DIVERT -j ACCEPT

# IP route rules:
ip rule add fwmark 1 lookup 100
ip route add local 0.0.0.0/0 dev lo table 100

# HAProxy conf:

# Transparent binding can be configured like this:
[...]
frontend ft_application
   bind 1.1.1.1:80 transparent
[...]

# Transparent proxying can be configured like this:
[...]
backend bk_application
   source 0.0.0.0 usesrc clientip
[...]