Date:      Tue, 22 Mar 2005 17:50:30 -0600 (CST)
From:      matt <matt@grogged.dyndns.org>
Cc:        freebsd-sparc64@freebsd.org
Subject:   Quick snd_driver question

I haven't been following freebsd-sparc64 too closely lately, so forgive me
if this has been asked before (Doesn't seem to stand out as an issue in
the list archives...)

I just updated my AXi machine to 6-current.  Just for fun I stuck an old
ensoniq 5880 based pci card in the thing, but I can't seem to get
the card recognized.  Checking /boot/kernel, I only have sound.ko and
snd_audiocs.ko modules insofar as anything related to sound support
available.  The 5.3R release notes for sparc64 indicate that the sound
drivers have been "reorganized" - but I don't even see them being built
when I compile a kernel, either on 5.3R or 6-current.  (Adding kernel
options "device sound" or "device "snd_XXXX"" doesn't seen to make a
difference one way or another) - So of course, the soundcard is not
recognized at boot, and I don't have the proper module to load as an
lkm.  So my questions:

Is there working support for pci audio cards under sparc64?  Anyone have
it working?

- Matt