Date:      Fri, 27 Oct 1995 12:13:20 -0400
From:      "Rodney C. Forbes" <urcf@fang.cs.sunyit.edu>
To:        questions@freefall.freebsd.org
Subject:   A few questions.

I'm hoping someone can answer the following questions, because I have not been
able to find answers to them myself.
Just in case it matters for any/all of the questions, I am running
FreeBSD 2.0.5-RELEASE.

1. Everytime I try to compile an application written for X, make won't work.
	I run xmkmf to create Makefile from Imakefile.
	I then run make.
	I always get output like the following:
		"Makefile", line 186: Missing dependency operator
		[other similar lines cut for brevity]
		"Makefile", line 280: Missing dependency operator
		Fatal errors encountered -- cannot continue
	What am I doing wrong, or how can I fix it.

2. I can use tip to connect to the modem and then use AT commands to dial out,
	but I can't use it to dial a system in my remote/phones files.  It
	doesn't recognize the phone number if the entry in /etc/remote
	references a number in /etc/phones.  If /etc/modems exists, it just
	pretty much croaks.  This has been happening since FreeBSD 2.0-RELEASE.
	What can I do to get it to work like it is supposed to.

3. What is the format for quota.user/quota.group files?  I know this was asked
	before, but I didn't see an answer in the mailing list.

4. How can I get xinit to connect to xdm's server rather than try to load it's
	own.  I believe xdm's default configuration is set to allow connections
	from anyone, anywhere.  Xinit has options for -query, -indirectquery,
	..., but I couldn't get them to work.  Xinit says server load failed,
	then it says something about connection to :0.0 refused.

Thanks for any help you can send my way.
Rodney

--
_   /|
\'o.O'       urcf@fang.sunyit.edu (R.C. Forbes)