Date:      Wed, 23 Oct 1996 00:04:41 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      J Wunsch <j@uriah.heep.sax.de>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org (FreeBSD hackers)
Cc:        fenner@parc.xerox.com (Bill Fenner), kuku@gilberto.physik.rwth-aachen.de
Subject:   Re: getopt(1) man page woodoo

As Bill Fenner wrote:

> I should have looked at the man page before I replied; the rest of the
> page is in andoc form which is why .B doesn't work.  Try
>
> .Fl -
>
> for the --'s, ...

I decided to use .Ql instead.  It makes the double dash more obvious
when reading through the text, and after all, they are not really
.Flags to the getopt program at all (but to the consumer of the
produced string, presumably a shell).

I've also corrected the other usage errors of mdoc.  Seems the author
of that page did a quick hack in converting it from -man to -mdoc
format, without taking the time to understand the mdoc stuff...

--
cheers, J"org