Date:      Mon, 12 Jul 1999 21:58:31 -0500
From:      Len Huppe <huppe@execpc.com>
To:        Rick Hamell <hamellr@dsinw.com>
Cc:        "Booth, Christopher" <Christopher_Booth@mcgraw-hill.com>, "'freebsd'" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Motherboard/CPU Query

The sole purpose of building a fully integrated motherboard is to minimize costs,
and sometimes the end-user's options.  The only company that has ever made a
decent board like that is Apple, and those boards won't run FreeBSD.  At least not
yet.  You can try to run your Alton board but if it gives you any grief, you could
end up spending a LOT of time fighting with it.  I would say that you have a 50/50
chance of success with it.  Do you feel lucky?

good luck

Len Huppe