Date:      Mon, 1 May 2000 18:46:18 +0100
From:      Ben Smithurst <ben@scientia.demon.co.uk>
To:        Justin <asmo@zeus.larp.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: mlock

Justin wrote:

> checking setuid files and devices:
>

> games.bck.org setuid diffs:
> 65a66
>> -rwx--s--x  1 root  mail       4768 Apr 30 16:18:42 2000
> /usr/local/libexec/mlock
>
> I recieved this error in the output of syslog and was just wondering what
> might of happened. Can someone inform me of the CORRECT permissions I
> should set this file. How did it change, anyone have a clue?

First, if there was no line starting with a "<" and ending with the same
filename, this file has been added, not changed.  As it's in /usr/local,
it's probably come from a port you've installed.  Try,

	$ grep libexec/mlock /var/db/pkg/*/+CONTENTS

to see if you can find *which* port installed that file.  In all
probability the permissions are correct, and there's nothing to worry
about.

--
Ben Smithurst / ben@scientia.demon.co.uk / PGP: 0x99392F7D