Date:      Sat, 12 May 2001 16:40:47 -0700
From:      Terry Lambert <tlambert2@mindspring.com>
To:        j <jpaetzel@hutchtel.net>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: SSH Must Die

j wrote:
> On Saturday 12 May 2001 06:24, Terry Lambert wrote:
> > This whole ssh B.S. is very annoying.
> >
> > After an upgrade from 4.2 to 4.3 using a CDROM boot plus
> > upgrade menu option, SSH stops working, for no good reason
> > (_any_ reason is no good).
> >

> You did make the needed additions to /etc/pam.conf, didn't you?

What additions are necessary between 4.2 and 4.3?  I was
under the impression that "sysinstall" was supposed to
"just do the right thing, and don't hassle me"?

If you have a dead chicken I should wave over my keyboard,
hand it over!  8-).

> > Alternately, can we rip it bodily out of FreeBSD, and
> > flush it down the toilet?
>
> What would we use for remote command line access if that happened?

I was always partial to "telnet", but then I haven't
really taken enough methamphetamines in my life (and the
few I have taken were given to me by doctors) to make me
as extraorfdinarily paranoid as most people seem to be
these days.

Of course, the idea that I'm being increasingly surrounded
by mentally unstable "speed freaks" might be considered a
paranoid fantasy by some, I suppose... 8-p.

-- Terry