Date:      Sun, 13 May 2007 13:18:58 +0200
From:      "Olivier Cochard-Labbe" <olivier@freenas.org>
To:        freebsd-geom@freebsd.org
Subject:   How to grow a GPT partition size ?

Hi all,

I'm trying a method for increasing the size of a geom raid5 volume (by
replacing each disk one by one by bigger disk).
Increasing a graid5 volume works great when I'm using directly the volume
(for example: /dev/raid5/volumename) without MBR or GPT partition.
But I'm using a GPT partition on this graid5 volume... Then how to increase
the size of a GPT partition ? (I've read the man page of gpt but I didn't
find a solution).

For the question: why using GPT over a graid5 volume ?
It's because I want to use the more "compliant" method for creating
filesystem on a hard drive or geom volume (and some user meet problem with
fdisk and disks larger than 2TB).

Thanks,

Olivier