Date:      Sat, 9 Dec 2000 11:23:52 -0800
From:      "David O'Brien" <obrien@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>
Cc:        freebsd-alpha@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Borg SRM?

On Sat, Dec 09, 2000 at 05:35:17AM +0000, Terry Lambert wrote:
> I was under the impression that there were a lot of Alpha
> systems without SRM capability to be had for very cheap,
> now that they won't run NT, what with there not being an
> Alpha NT to run.

There are the Alpha XL and XLT modules Wilko mentioned.  Note these are
XL-{266,300}, _NOT_ the "3000 300[XL]" which is a TurboChannel machine.
Also the PC164UX doesn't have SRM for it, but I've never seen on on eBay,
etc...

> Most of the ones on OnSale and eBay fall into this category.

Nope, look closer.  eBay has as many PC164,164LX,PWS machines (which have
SRM) as AlphaBIOS XL's.  Not to mention the Multia and AXPi33's that also
have SRM.

--
-- David  (obrien@FreeBSD.org)
          GNU is Not Unix / Linux Is Not UniX