Date:      Wed, 29 Jun 2016 21:13:42 -0300
From:      Thomas <thoms3rd@gmail.com>
To:        Ataro <ataro@protonmail.ch>
Cc:        "freebsd-ipfw@freebsd.org" <freebsd-ipfw@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: force all the network traffic through a proxy server.

Tue, Jun 28, 2016 at 01:48:30PM -0400, Ataro via freebsd-ipfw:
> Hi there,
>=20
> I've set up a FreeBSD machine inside a VirtualBox machine and used IPFW t=
o redirect all the requests to the internet through a squid proxy server ru=
nning on the same machine in port 3128 in intercept mode (also known as tra=
nsparent proxy mode).
>=20
> The problem is that I need a way to identify the packets that originates =
=66rom the squid server and let them pass out to the Internet but all other=
 packets must go through the squid server.
>=20
> my IPFW rules looks like the following:
> ipfw -f flush
> ipfw add 50 pass all from any to any via lo0
> ipfw add 100 pass all from any to any proto udp
> ipfw add 150 pass icmp from any to any
> ipfw add 200 fwd 127.0.0.1,3128 tag 1111 tcp from me to any
> ipfw add 250 pass all from 10.0.2.15 to any tagged 1111
>=20
> Unfortunately, the packets that originates from the squid server redirect=
ed back to itself and I don't find a way to allow them pass out.