Date:      Wed, 12 Feb 1997 18:58:31 -0800
From:      Gus Nasses <gus@illumen.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Adaptec 174x detected but no drives seen under FreeBSD 2.1.5

I have an HP Vectra 4/33T EISA Tower with an Adaptec174x EISA SCSI
controller. The Controller seems to be recognized but the drives cannot
be seen under FreeBSD. I am trying to install version 2.1.5, both from
IDE CD, DOS Partion, and Floppy. Nothing works.
	This machine has been a stable research platform and has run DOS, WfW
3.11, NT 3.51, Netware 3.12, Netware 4.1 all flawlessly. This is the
first OS it has had a problem.
	I have searched the mail archives for an answer and have run across the
identical problem on an identical machine but without any solution. I
was wondering if anyone has come up with anything in the 15 months since
the last relevant post.

Any help or info would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance,

Gus Nasses
Field Engineer
The Illumen Group, Inc.