Date:      Wed, 15 Nov 1995 17:56:22 +0200 (EET)
From:      "Andrew V. Stesin" <stesin@elvisti.kiev.ua>
To:        tateoka@pdcd.ilab.toshiba.co.jp (Masamichi Tateoka)
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Is TTYHOG too small? (Re: STARTECH ...550CP chips are Ok for me. )

Hello Masamichi,

'cause I have about nothing to comment on the issue myself (it's
above my today's competence, sorry ); maybe
somebody more knowlegeable will comment?

As for me, I've noticed UUCP 'i' protocol mailfunction on big
packets, too; but in my case it was 2048 bytes packet, and 1024 byte
packets worked Ok, so I relaxed.

Seems that your situation was actively discussed a while ago with
no specific conclusions; I think you could discover something
important.

# Dear, Andrew.
#
# I found a solution to my problem with UUCP i protocol.
# It's not in the sio.c but tty.h.
#
# after 2.0.5, clist size limited by c_cbmax.
# and c_cbmax's value from TTYHOG in tty.h.
# but flow control refer to t_hiwat from TTYMAXHIWAT.
# and TTYHOG < TTYMAXHIWAT.
#
# I think It cause unusual flow control ( by no more clist ).
#
# Last night, I increased TTYHOG to 4096 in 2.1.0-951104-SNAP and
# recompiled my kernel.
# I tryed UUCP communication, and uucico completed i protocol transfer.
#
# I don't make clear that TTYHOG > TTYMAXHIWAT is a sufficient condition or
# TTYHOG size is impotant. ( I wanted to sleep last night. ;-)
# But I expected you to make clear immediately you see it.
# So, I mail you now.
#
#              Masamichi Tateoka
#              tateoka@pdcd.ilab.toshiba.co.jp
#              tateoka@yasai.forus.or.jp (HOME)
#

--

	With best regards -- Andrew Stesin.

	+380 (44) 2760188	+380 (44) 2713457	+380 (44) 2713560

	An undocumented feature is a coding error.