Date:      Wed, 14 Mar 2001 23:39:16 -0800
From:      Doug Barton <DougB@FreeBSD.org>
To:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Needs some autoconf + pthread + etc. clue

I'm trying to reduce the number of patches in one of my ports, but neither
I nor the author of the software knows the solution to this problem. The
patch I'm trying to eliminate is:

http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/ports/x11/xscreensaver/files/patch-ab?rev=1.7

that refers to  -lXmu -lXt and -lcom_err. I inherited that patch, so I'm
not sure it's strictly necessary, but I'm also not sure how to prove
conclusively that it isn't since the patch is kerberos related.

The other hack I'm trying to get rid of is in the Makefile:

post-patch:
        @ ${CP} ${WRKSRC}/configure ${WRKSRC}/configure.Patched
        @ ${SED} -e 's#-lpthread#-pthread#g' \
                ${WRKSRC}/configure.Patched > ${WRKSRC}/configure

The author of xscreensaver is receptive to suggestions, and I'd hate for my
lack of clue in this area to hold back the effort to make this product
compile clean on freebsd.

Thanks,

Doug
--
    Perhaps the greatest damage the American system of education has done
    to its children is to teach them that their opinions are relevant